Alex is in da House

Thou shalt not lead me into temptation, for I can find the way by myself...

Monday, May 22, 2006

Big City Life

In my last post, I was talking about life and living in a small city/town.
Of course, there had to be a sequel.

Where should I begin...

It's just so f**ked-up, waking up every morning with a head-ache, because you have realized over-night - in your sleep - that you have to do this-and-that and you won't have the time or means.
Hey, but you've been through all this before and you're still alive -- for now.

So, you go on. You get something to eat. You might call it breakfast. Stop kidding yourself, it's not breakfast, it's some snack/junk food that you keep around.

The big moment has arrived. You're leaving the house. Two minutes later, you see it. Madness, chaos. A sea of people, cars and then more people. Most of them see each other and pass each other every day. Do they stop to say something? No. Never. They just don't care.

You get to work. Finally. Salvation at last. Is it? Neah, it would have been too easy... Were you expecting peace and quiet? Wake up, you're not the star of this movie; you're just the boy/girl that's sitting in a corner, being ignored. And you say to yourself: "It will all change, someday". Perhaps, it will. But until then, this is your life and you have to deal with it.

[Please, remind me, why am I telling you this? Oh, I forgot... Beacuse this isn't just my imagination. It's happening to you, too.]

Hey, you know what? Let's skip the job part. Done.
You get home. By now, it's 7-8 in the evening (if you're lucky). You must be hungry. Late lunch (or, rather, dinner) anyone? By the time you finish eating, you're completely relaxed and probably, the TV just happened to turn itself on. What to do? Stay home and watch a crappy movie or go out with some friends? (You have friends? Wow! 5, 10, more than 20?)

What a shock... You went out.
You find a nice, quite place, where you can spend a couple of hours with your dear friends. You say to yourself: "Now, that's more like it. Finally, a fair ending for this day." But, guess what? All your friends are talking about their jobs and shitty lives and having no spare time and the f**ed-up big-city-life...

End of story. Period.

It might seem to you, that I'm too frustrated about my life. That may be true. But, at least, I'm not afraid to admit it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home